All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, distinguished military theorist Vincent Desportes warns that war is ready to make a comeback around the globe and the Western powers are t prepared for it. He argues that while weaponry, tactics, alliances, and objectives are constantly evolving, our political and military leaders are relying on outdated methods to combat them. General Desportes states: The feeble performance of our current tools obliges us to understand the evolution of forms of strength, of nuisance, and of violence. This is a matter of survival, for our civilization and for ourselves. The future lies within us and in our powers of understanding and adaptation, where else. Political and military leaders, thus have to give force back its utility; this force which is as essential today as it was yesterday. Restoring utility to force means understanding wars we will probably be called upon to fight and the political factors involved. We need to reflect long and hard and to act on the conclusions. We need to change our thinking.
- Author BiographyMajor General Vincent Desportes commands the Joint Defense College in Paris. William S. Wallace is a retired four-star general in the United States Army, USA who served as Commanding General, United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC).
- Author(s)Vincent Desportes
- PublisherEconomica, Editions
- Date of Publication20/07/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintEconomica, Editions
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.