All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditional Christmas meal in Prague isn't turkey or ham, but a special kind of Christmas fish. On Christmas Eve, Tom chooses his live fish at the market, and calls it Peppo. He carefully carries it home, through the streets of Prague's old town, in a big bag of water. Tom loves his new pet, but what fate awaits Peppo as the Christmas meal draws near? This charming, child-friendly story presents one culture's Christmas traditions in fascinating detail. At its core is a heartwarming tale of a boy and his grandpa, as they both learn about doing the right thing. Marit Tornqvist's accomplished artwork vividly brings Tom and Peppo's story, and the beautiful city of Prague, to life.
- Author BiographyRita Tornqvist-Verschuur was born in Amsterdam in1935, and studied Swedish language and literature. She lived in Sweden for ten years with her husband and three children, including her daughter Marit. Rita worked as a translator, and translated many books by Astrid Lindgren, before writing her own books for children and adults. She wrote eight volumes of memoirs, starting with her experiences as a child during the Second World War. Her books Tadpoles on the Piano and The Old Musician were translated into English. Marit Tornqvist was born in 1964 in Uppsala, Sweden and divides her time between the Netherlands and Sweden. She studied illustration at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam. In 2011 she was awarded a Golden Plaque from the Biennial of Illustration Bratislava, one of the most prestigious children's illustration awards. She has illustrated several of Astrid Lindgren's picture books, including A Calf for Christmas, Goran's Great Escape, and In the Land of Twilight, all published by Floris Books.
- Author(s)Rita Tornqvist-Verschuur
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight486 g
- Width219 mm
- Height294 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marit Tornqvist
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.