CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn Tongue Lyre, Tyler Mills weaves together fragments of myth and memory, summoning the works of Ovid, Homer, and James Joyce to spin a story of violence and the female body. Introducing the recurring lyre figure in the collection a voice to counter the violence is Ovid s Philomena, who, while cruelly rendered speechless, netheless sets the reader on an eloquent voyage to discover the body throughmusic, art, and language. Other legendary figures making appearances within Telemachos, Nestor, Cyclops, Circe, and others are held up as mirrors to reflect the human form as home. In this dynamic collection, the female body and its relationship to the psyche traverse mythic yet hauntingly familiar contemporary settings as each presents t a single narrative but a progressive exploration of our universal emotional experience.
- Author BiographyTyler Mills s poems have received the Crab Orchard Review s Richard Peterson Poetry Prize, the Third Coast Poetry Prize, and the Gulf Coast Poetry Prize. Her work has also appeared in AGNI, Best New Poets 2007, New Letters, Prairie Schooner, and elsewhere. Mills received a BA from Bucknell University and an MFA in creative writing from the University of Maryland. She is currently pursuing a doctorate in the Program for Writers at the University of Illinois Chicago.
- Author(s)Tyler Mills
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.