All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionShortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award, the Saltire Scottish First Book of the Year and the Green Carnation Prize 'More than just one of the best debuts of the year; one of the best books of the year. It should do for Aberdeen what Trainspotting did for Edinburgh' Louise Welsh, Herald When Janie Ryan is born, she is destined to be the latest in a long line of Aberdeen fishwives. Ahead of her lies a life filled with feckless men, filthy council flats and bread & marge sandwiches. But Janie isn't like the rest of them. She wants a different life. And Janie, born and bred for combat, is ready to fight for it.
- Author BiographyKerry Hudson was born in Aberdeen. Growing up in a succession of council estates, B&Bs and caravan parks provided her with a keen eye for idiosyncratic behaviour and plenty of material for her first novel, Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-cream Float Before He Stole My Ma, which won the Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust First Book Award and was shortlisted for an array of prizes including the Guardian First Book Award and the Sky Arts Awards. Thirst is her second novel. She currently lives, works and writes in London.
- PrizesWinner of Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust Book Awards: First Book 2013. Shortlisted for Polari First Book Prize 2013 and Portsmouth First Fiction Award 2013 and Authors' Club Best First Novel Award 2013.
- Author(s)Kerry Hudson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight194 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.