All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn Too Bold for the Box Office, Cynthia J. Miller has assembled essays by scholars and filmmakers who examine the unique cinematic form of mockumentary. Individually, each of these essays looks at a given instance of mockumentary parody and subversion, examining the ways in which each calls into question our assumptions, pleasures, beliefs, and even our senses. Writing about national film, television, and new media traditions as diverse as their backgrounds, this volume's contributors explore and theorize the workings of mockumentaries, as well as the strategies and motivations of the writers and filmmakers who brought them into being.
- Author BiographyCynthia J. Miller is the Film Review Editor of Film & History: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Film and Television Studies and serves as President of the Literature/Film Association, as well as on the editorial advisory board for The Encyclopedia of Women and Popular Culture.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note70 black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byCynthia J. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.