Too Much Luck: The Mining Boom and Australia's Future by Paul Cleary (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ozpierre
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Too Much Luck, Paul Cleary shows that the resources boom, which seems like a blessing, has the potential to become a curse unless our governments take urgent action. Today, under-taxed and under-regulated multinational companies make a tidy profit by selling off our n-renewable resources. As the mining boom accelerates, it will drive the dollar sky-high, forcing up the cost of doing business for everybody. Industries such as tourism and education - industries that, unlike mining, involve many jobs - will fade away. But what happens if commodity prices suddenly collapse, as they did with the GFC in 2008; or worse, when the resources run out? Many countries before us have been caught by the resources trap: a heady period of boom and growth, followed by a painful bust. Paul Cleary maps out the pitfalls, considers what has worked overseas, and suggests a better way forward.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Paul Cleary
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width132 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.