All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.25
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.94
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.07
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $32.41
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.65
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical, hands on guide to baking wonderful artisan breads in a wood fired brick oven. By following a typical two-day workshop at Mary G's Artisan Breads, it guides the reader through all the little kwn techniques required to manage a wood fired environment to maximum effect, including how to adapt favorite bread and pizza recipes to this environment. With over two hundred photographs that illustrate everything from shaping methods and baking stages to oven types and construction, this is a definitive guide to wood fired oven selection, construction, insulation and use. The appendices alone contain a motherlode of information on baking equipment, gear sources, oven plans, starter maintenance and mixer use. Six chapters, 219 pages.
- Author BiographyJim Wills, author of Tools Are Made, Born Are Hands, the practical guide to baking true artisan breads in a wood fired oven, has had careers as varied as the books he writes. He has been a motorcycle mechanic, academic, hard rock miner, book editor, a commercial writer, author, mason, an artisan baker/teacher and oven builder. Together with his partner, head cook Wendy Carlson, he has taught the arts of wood fired baking to men and women from across North America, New Zealand, Australia, England and Holland. He lives in rural Ontario with Wendy and, betimes, her daughter, Kate Amies. Other works by the same author include the four part Kavanagh saga of Irish historical novels: A Few Men Faithful, Philly MC, Shooter in a Plague Year and This Hard Gemlike Flame. See www.marygbread.com for more information.
- Author(s)Jim Wills
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width203 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Frankie G
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.