All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTools for Teaching in an Educationally Mobile World examines the challenges that undergraduate and postgraduate teachers often encounter when working with students from different national and cultural backgrounds. It focuses on the consequences for interactive teaching and for course design in a world where students, ideas and courses are mobile, using examples and experiences from a wide range of disciplines and national contexts. It t only considers Anglophone countries, including the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand, but also the use of English as a language of instruction in countries where neither teachers r students are native English speakers. This book offers ideas for adjusting and adapting teaching approaches for culturally and linguistically diverse student groups. Students may cross national boundaries to seek accreditation, or the courses may be 'transnational', being designed in one country and delivered in ather using local as well as 'fly-in' faculty. It draws upon growing good practice recommendations using tried and tested methods alongside the extensive and varied experience of the author. The book is structured around a selection of the most common issues and statements of belief held by educators, with key topics including: * the impact of educational mobility on teaching and learning; * teachers as mediators between academic cultural differences; * learning and teaching in English; * inclusive teaching and learning; * encouraging student participation; * assessing diverse students. With a wealth of practical tips and tools that help deal with these issues, this book will be of value to any educator working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. It will also interest those involved in the design of curriculum and pedagogy.
- Author BiographyJude Carroll taught in universities for many years and was awarded a UK Higher Education Academy National Teaching Award in recognition of her work on teaching international students and on learning, teaching and assessment in diverse cultural and linguistic contexts. She collaborated with the HEA-sponsored Teaching International Students project (2009-2011).
- Author(s)Jude Carroll
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleInternationalization in Higher Education Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.