All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTools for the Design Revolution critically examines the history and influences on current designs trends, giving practical guidelines and tools for creating sustainable design processes into the future. The 'tools' are strategies for sustainable design informed by the challenges of social, cultural and ecological change. Finding new design ideas in terms of concept and product is becoming more and more important. In the past, design was dictated by the professional mirity within narrow confines. In the future, design will be an expression of the collective, finding expression and meaning within a shared identity, social trends and popular culture and terms like cradle to cradle or open source design refer to a changing understanding of the creative process. Moving with the times, becoming fluid, exploring experimental strategies and ideas in combination with more traditional methods is the key to change. Design is t just a product it plays a vital role in shaping contemporary society, giving rise to a global identity and sense of belonging, translating who we are and what we want. Tools for the Design Revolution challenges the individual to think about sustainability and consumer culture and how that might look.
- Author BiographyHarald Grundl, born 1967, studied Industrial Design at the University of Applied Arts in Vienna and founded the Atelier EOOS in 1995. Grundl completed his postgraduate studies in 2005 with The Death of Fashion. Christina Nagele, born 1976 in Feldkirch, lives and works in Innsbruck and Vienna. She is a sociologist with an interest in fine arts, architecture, theatre and media. She studied cultural studies and aesthetic practices at the University Hild, Germany.
- Author(s)Institute of Design Research Vienna
- PublisherNiggli Verlag
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationSulgen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintNiggli Verlag
- Content Note160 colour
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.