All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the summer of 2006, when most of the folks in his Texas town were wondering whether they would see rain again, Yale Youngblood's family and friends were wondering whether they would see him again. For 12 days, he lay in an induced coma in the intensive care unit of a local hospital, on what can safely be called the brink of death - all because of a toothache. Yes, a toothache. The day the career-long journalist finally woke up - or, at least, the day when he discovered just how unlikely it was that he would finally wake up - Yale really woke up. And like many people who've devoted careers and lives to telling stories, he longed for the opportunity to tell his. Tooth or Consequences is a story about near death - and dear life. It chronicles Yale's tooth adventure and enumerates the lessons it taught him, t the least of which was the realization that much of what we think matters really doesn't. And what does matter should be celebrated. Yale's celebration, in the form of stories, essays and the proverbial more, is a corporate testament to the tion that ... sometimes ... if we just open our eyes and ears ... we can experience snippets of heaven ... right here on this side. Or, at least, we can have a lot of fun. Spoiler alert: Tooth or Consequences will make you laugh, cry, rejoice and mourn - sometimes simultaneously. In the meantime, it also will help you realize the most important lesson of all: living sure beats the alternative.
- Author BiographyYale Youngblood is an award-winning writer and journalist. A graduate of Baylor University, Yale has worked in both newspapers and magazines. Tooth or Consequences, his compelling tale of how his life took on new meaning after a tooth infection nearly killed him, is his first published book. Yale has been married to Susan Youngblood for 32 years. They have four grown children (Matt, Aaron, Daniel and Hannah) and the best grandson in the history of grandsons (Gavin). Yale encourages all of them to visit the dentist regularly.
- Author(s)Yale Youngblood
- Date of Publication03/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.