All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Brief focuses on strategies for invation. Top-Down Invation discusses the barriers to successful organizational and product invation, distills the leading theories about how to foster invation, and presents six case studies of well-kwn brands that have succeeded (and in one case failed) in meeting invation challenges. Synthesizing the lessons learned from companies that have mastered invation over time, it provides a new perspective on the role of market-leading companies and top management in driving invation. Since the publication of Clayton Christensen's pioneering Invator's Dilemma in 1997, the rules of invation have themselves been transformed. Today, invation frequently starts at the CEO level with a vision that percolates throughout the organization. In contrast to traditional theories of techlogy disruption, new market entrants, and business model invation, this study concludes that vision and leadership at the top is a decisive factor in successful invation initiatives.
- Author BiographyMary J. Cronin, Ph.D. is a Professor of Information Systems at the Carroll School of Management, Boston College. Her research and publications analyze the impact of technology and innovation on business strategy and social change. Previous books have focused on innovations (e-commerce, mobile applications and smart products) that triggered transformation in user behavior, created new global markets and disrupted entire industry sectors. Dr. Cronin received her doctorate at Brown University, where she currently serves on the Advisory Committee for Computing and Information Technology. She is a member of the editorial board of Electronic Markets and has more than 25 years experience in managing and advising technology-intensive organizations as a consultant and board member.
- Author(s)James Cronin,Mary J. Cronin
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Business
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight182 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.