Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWho knew? The first Briton in space hailed from Yorkshire. Who knew? Yorkshire is home to the world's oldest football club. Who knew? Yorkshire is home to the world's largest Indian restaurant. Who knew? The oldest pub in England is in Yorkshire. This fact-packed book is bound to be the must-have Christmas read for all Yorkshire folk, ex-pats and fans of God's own county. Yorkshire - the biggest and most beautiful county in England. Two and a bit national parks. Two areas of outstanding natural beauty. Two World Heritage Sites. Yorkshire is a place full of beauty and excitement. Yorkshire really is full of great places and great people and has a magnificent history. Three past prime ministers hailed from Yorkshire. Nine Oscars have been won by Yorkshire folk. Add to that seven Nobel Prizes and five Olympic gold medals. Many of the world's greatest inventions and discoveries were made by Tykes. Yorkshire was the birthplace of club football and rugby league. The Top Ten of Yorkshire is a complete guide to all things Yorkshire - from famous folk, both past and present and from all walks of life - scientists, poets, velists, politicians, to Yorkshire delicacies, great places to visit and Yorkshire in popular culture. It also includes a potted history of the county and its key settlements as well as lots of fascinating facts about God's own county.
- Author(s)Mike Fox
- PublisherGreat Northern Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationIlkley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreat Northern Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.