All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionMaurice is down on his luck in Deerpool. He's lost his teaching job, the electricity in his flat has been cut off and the local hoodlums mock his transvestism and upload their exploits onto YouTube. To make things worse, he and his best friend and sometime lover 'Divvy' Karen have managed to pique the ire of Karen's psychopathic and vengeful ex-boyfriend, Chunky. Desperate times call for desperate measures. When he finds out that the Pentagon Bingo Hall, mecca of the rth-west, is giving away a golden monkey worth half a million pounds he plans a heist that will make their dreams of escape a gorgeous reality. But there are numerous unforeseen complications ...Will Maurice and Karen win large, fulfill their dreams and ride into the sunset bound for Tijuana? Or will the murderous Chunky ensure that their number is finally up?
- Author BiographyAndrew Towers grew up and lives in Hartlepool. He studied English Literature at University College London before graduating with an MA in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia in 2007. His short story, 'Jellyfish', won the Guardian Short Story Award in 2010. He has worked as a cleaner in a Unitarian holiday hostel, a call centre helpline assistant and, currently, a bingo caller. He used to share his home with two Russian Dwarf Hamsters called Jeeves and Wooster, but they passed away in quick succession in May 2013.
- Author(s)Andrew Towers
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight382 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.