Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents useful techniques for solving mathematical Olympiad problems in algebra and analysis. Most of the examples, exercises and problems in the book originate from the mathematical Olympiad contests around the world. The material is divided in ten chapters. The first four chapters are related to basic material that can be used in the first stages of any mathematical contests at high school level. The next four chapters comprise more advanced topics which are required for the international mathematical competitions and can be also useful for students in their first year of university. The final chapters provide a comprehensive list of problems which were presented at national and international contests in recent years, and solutions to all exercises and problems in the book.
- Author BiographyRadmila Bulajich Manfrino and Rogelio Valdez Delgado are professors at the Universidad Autonoma de Mexico in Cuernavaca, Mexico, and Jose Antonio Gomez Ortega is professor at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico in Mexico City. They are the co-authors of the previously published Birkhauser book: Inequalities - A Mathematical Olympiad Approach.
- Author(s)Jose Antonio Gomez Ortega,Radmila Bulajich Manfrino,Rogelio Valdez Delgado
- PublisherBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight551 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.