All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelops the higher parts of function theory in a unified presentation. Starts with elliptic integrals and functions and uniformization theory, continues with automorphic functions and the theory of abelian integrals and ends with the theory of abelian functions and modular functions in several variables. The last topic originates with the author and appears here for the first time in book form.
- Author BiographyCarl Ludwig Siegel was born on December 31, 1896 in Berlin. He studied mathematics and astronomy in Berlin and Gttingen and held chairs at the Universities of Frankfurt and Gttingen before moving to the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton in 1940. He returned to Gttingen in 1951 and died there in 1981.Siegel was one of the leading mathematicians of the twentieth century, whose work, noted for its depth as well as breadth, ranged over many different fields such as number theory from the analytic, algebraic and geometrical points of view, automorphic functions of several complex variables, symplectic geometry, celestial mechanics.
- Author(s)Carl Ludwig Siegel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/1988
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleWiley Classics Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume 2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight306 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.