All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an emphasis on both theory and experiment, this text describes the behaviour of homogeneous and density-stratified fluids over and around topography. In examining the similarities between the flow of a river over a barrier or weir and the flow of the atmosphere over a mountain range, this book presents a comprehensive synthesis of this topic in terms suitable for scientists, engineers, teachers and students of fluid dynamics. With this book, Professor Baines makes a table contribution to the fields of fluid mechanics and geophysical fluid dynamics. The text will be a great asset to graduate and advanced undergraduate students, as well as to research professionals.
- Author(s)Peter G. Baines
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/11/1997
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Mechanics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note183 b/w illus.
- Weight690 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Series Edited byMark J. Ablowitz,S. H. Davis,E. J. Hinch,A. Iserles,J. Ockendon,P. J. Olver
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.