All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe central theme of this book is the restoration of Poincare duality on stratified singular spaces by using Verdier-self-dual sheaves such as the prototypical intersection chain sheaf on a complex variety. Highlights include complete and detailed proofs of decomposition theorems for self-dual sheaves, explanation of methods for computing twisted characteristic classes and an introduction to the author's theory of n-Witt spaces and Lagrangian structures.
- Author BiographyEMPLOYMENT: Since 2004: Professor at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universitat Heidelberg, Germany 2002 - 2004: Assistant Professor (tenure track) at the University of Cincinnati, USA 1999 - 2002: Van Vleck Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA EDUCATION: Ph.D. Mathematics, Courant Institute (New York University), May 1999. Field: Topology. Dissertation Title: Extending Intersection Homology Type Invariants to non-Witt Spaces. RESEARCH AREA: Algebraic and Geometric Topology, Stratified Spaces.
- Author(s)Markus Banagl
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/01/2007
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1250 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.