All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe central theme of this book is the restoration of Poincare duality on stratified singular spaces by using Verdier-self-dual sheaves such as the prototypical intersection chain sheaf on a complex variety. Highlights include complete and detailed proofs of decomposition theorems for self-dual sheaves, explanation of methods for computing twisted characteristic classes and an introduction to the author's theory of n-Witt spaces and Lagrangian structures.
- Author BiographyEMPLOYMENT: Since 2004: Professor at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universitat Heidelberg, Germany 2002 - 2004: Assistant Professor (tenure track) at the University of Cincinnati, USA 1999 - 2002: Van Vleck Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA EDUCATION: Ph.D. Mathematics, Courant Institute (New York University), May 1999. Field: Topology. Dissertation Title: Extending Intersection Homology Type Invariants to non-Witt Spaces. RESEARCH AREA: Algebraic and Geometric Topology, Stratified Spaces.
- Author(s)Markus Banagl
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.