All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionTorah in the New Testament is a collection of papers delivered at the Manchester Lausanne Seminar of June 2008. This also involved contributions from the Universities of Sheffield, Geneva and the Ben Gurion University of the Negev. The purpose of the seminar was to offer some significant studies on the general topic of the Torah in the New Testament with particular reference to methodological issues, to the Jesus traditions in the Gospels, and to Paul and the Law. Two previous collections of papers from these scholarly co-operations have been published in the Library of New Testament Studies: C.M. Tuckett (ed.), Luke's Literary Achievement: Collected Essays (LNTS 116, 1995) and T. Klutz (ed.), Magic in the Biblical World: From the Road of Aaron to the Ring of Solomon (LNTS 245, 2003). This collection will be of great interest to New Testament scholars who are actively engaged in research on the relationship between early Christianity and the Jewish Torah. It contains cutting-edge comments on issues of methodology in such debates and on both Jesus and the Law and Paul and the Law. Since the landmark works of Sanders and others in the 1980s these topics have been of considerable interest to scholars who are trying to represent Jesus, Paul and early Christianity in a suitable Jewish context.
- Author BiographyPeter Oakes is Greenwood Lecturer in the New Testament at The University of Manchester, UK. Michael Tait took his D.Phil from the University of Manchester, where he currently teaches.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication31/10/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 401
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight595 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byMichael Tait,Peter Oakes
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.