Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's something about a storm in the middle of the night that gathers a family close. It's as if thing else exists outside that huddle of love in a blacked-out room which, try as it might, the storm cant overwhelm. The storm that Liddy faces is the storm of AIDS, that is attacking their small African community. It has taken away from her for ever her mother and father. With her brother, Joe, Liddy must try to bring up Kesi, their little sister. There is never eugh to eat, they cant afford to go to school, and even their grandmother goes out her way to make life difficult for them. But their mother's voice of love is still there to guide them, in the handwritten diary which she left for them.
- Author BiographySally Grindley lives in Cheltenham. She has been involved with children's books nearly all her working life, first as editor of the children's bookclub Books for Children and for almost as long as a children's author. This is Sally's sixth novel for Bloomsbury. Spilled Water won a Smarties Gold Medal as well as other regional awards such as the Lincolnshire Young People's Award.
- Author(s)Sally Grindley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.