All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWitnesses to a mystery on the battlefield, a British medic and an American Navy SEAL confront Afghanistan's fog of war. In war-torn Afghanistan, a girl walks right into a hail of bullets: Elir watches it with her own eyes. The young British army medic risks the line of fire to rescue her, only to realize the girl is gone. To find the missing, mysterious child, Elir enlists the help of an American Navy SEAL. But in all the confusion, with coalition troops fighting every day to maintain a fragile peace, does Ben have something to hide? Elir came to Afghanistan with the hope of changing hearts and minds: What she's about to discover will make her question everything she ever believed about love and war. A war thriller. A cross-cultural love story with an undercurrent of magic realism. A powerful debut set in modern-day, battle-scarred Afghanistan. This is TORN.
- Author BiographyDAVID MASSEY's experience as an emergency supplies consultant to London's Metropolitan Police and its counter-terrorism unit helped inspire his debut novel, TORN. With his wife, David cofounded Globehuggers Emergency Supplies, a distributor of first aid and medical kits. He lives in the West Midlands of England. Friend him on Facebook at DRMasseyBooks and follow him on Twitter @DavidRMassey.
- Author(s)David Massey
- PublisherChicken House
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicken House
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.