All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionMike Filey is back again with ather installment in the popular Toronto Sketches series. Mike's stalgic look at the city's past combines legend, personal anecdotes, and photographs to chronicle the life of an ever-changing city. Among the stories in this volume, Mike looks back to the introduction of the horseless carriage. He laments the loss of great movie houses of the past - the University, Shea's Hippodrome, the Tivoli - and applauds those looking to save the Eglinton Theatre, and he tells the history of the King Edward Hotel as it enters its 100th year. Toronto Sketches 7 is a valuable addition to the collection of any fan of Toronto history.
- Author BiographyMike Filey, popular Toronto historian, is a member of the Ontario Heritage Foundation and past member of the Toronto Historical Board. In addition to The Way We Were, Mike's regular column in the Toronto Sunday Sun, he is the author of many books on Toronto, including The TTC Story, Discover and Explore Toronto's Waterfront, I Remember Sunnyside, and the Toronto Sketches series.
- Author(s)Mike Filey
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.