All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTort Wars brings together the diverse and usually insufficiently related strands of tort law and treats the moral, ecomic, and systemic problems running through those strands with a single analysis and theory. In that tort law employs theory at all, it is typically theory measured against tions of corrective justice or appeals to utility. Both have severe prescriptive restrictions and limited explanatory power and often stray from any useful description of tort cases in the courts. Tort Wars looks at the nature of dispute resolution techniques, criticizes the blase justice and more esoteric utility theory, and examines the problems of both the legal academy and the veracity vacuum in the courtroom. Further, it explores the conceptual differences between tort and contract, locating contract as a subset of tort. It uses examples drawn from the edges of tort law in an attempt to measure central cases by the marginal ones and to provide a barometer of emerging legal and social change, achieved through imposing an individualized peace.
- Author BiographyJoel Levin practises and teaches law in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Author(s)Joel Levin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2008
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.