All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe first mograph to critically engage with the controversial horror film subgenre kwn as 'torture porn', this book dissects press responses to popular horror and analyses key torture porn films, mapping out the broader conceptual and contextual concerns that shape the meanings of both 'torture' and 'porn'.
- Author BiographySteve Jones is Lecturer in Media at Northumbria University, UK. His research focuses primarily on the horror genre and topics of representation and gender, particularly on representations of sex and violence. He has published widely in international journals such as the Journal of Japanese and Korean Cinema, Scope, Horror Studies, Animation and Sexualities. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Steve Jones
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.