Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.57+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThanks to the experts at Adopt-a-Pet.com, the definitive guide to dog care is here! This essential resource, brought to you by David Meyer, Abbie Moore, Dr. Pia Salk and the Editors ofAdopt-a-Pet.com, has everything you need to kw about canine companions from understanding a dog'sanatomy and those deep-down doggie instincts to training methods and grooming tips. BehaviorWhy do dogs jump so much? What supplies do you need before you bring home a new puppy? What do wolves have to do with anything? Find these answers and so much more to better understand how dogs talk to each other and to us and how to communicate more effectively with your furry friend. TrainingTired of your dog slobbering on your face? Trying to minimize mouthing? Want to teach an old dog new tricks? Look further for the instructions and top tips on curbing bad habits, the latest trends on teaching basic commands, and how to deal with the challenges and rewards of introducing a puppy or adult dog to a new home and family. CareIs his fur a tangled mess? Wondering what do you do during a thunderstorm? Learn everything you need to kw to keep your dog safe and happy, including tips on security, vacations and travel, and major upheavals such as moving homes or stressful situations. Get advice on how to choose a new four-legged family member, establish good habits, and keep your pet happy and healthy. Whether you're bringing home a new pooch or caring for an old friend, The Total Dog Manual is your guide to nurturing one of life's most precious bonds. With high-quality design, intricate detail, and a durable flexicover this manual is the perfect gift!
- Author BiographyAs a multiple world champion Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitor, as well as a martial arts expert and teacher (having trained the likes of Chuck Norris and many top UFC fighters), David Meyer has spent a lifetime enabling weaker individuals to become stronger. But as the Co-Founder and President ofAdopt-a-Pet.com, he is a passionate advocate for the truly powerless in our society abandoned and homeless animals. David has used his skills to help guideAdopt-a-Pet.comto become the world s largest non-profit homeless petadoption website, and he continues to push theorganizationforward and act as aspokesperson for all shelter animals. Dr. Pia Salk specializes in social justice and the human-animal bond. She is an Adopt-a-Pet.com spokesperson and a contributing writer to their website, her writing was also included in the recently published book, Pet Loss and Human Emotion. She is a frequent guest on the Martha Stewart Show and was a regular guest contributor to The Maratha Stewart blog The Daily Wag . She has been featured on Animal Planet s Hurricane Heroes and 20/20 for her animal rescue efforts following hurricane Katrina. Abbie Moore, Executive Director ofAdopt-a-Pet.com, revels in the opportunity to bring joy to animals and the people who adopt them. After spending the first several years of her career working in the entertainment industry, Abbie changed courses topursue her true passion. She moved into the world of animal welfare, first working in administration at a large animal rescue organization in Los Angeles. It was there that Abbie realized she could combine her marketing skills with her inside understanding of the animal welfare world to help homeless pets across the country. In 2004, Abbie was hired by Adopt-a-Pet.com, and in her current capacity has led many new initiatives, including Twitter a Critter a celebrity-oriented social networking campaign designed to spread the word about adoptable pets. She has also spearheaded the non-profit organization's extensive work with professional athletes who have a passion for helping stray pets. Adopt-a-Pet.com (formerly 1-800-Save-A-Pet.com) is North America's largest non-profit pet adoption website. We help nearly 16,000 animalshelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters amonth, for free. We also provide useful and informative information on the human/companion animal relationship to help keep pets healthy and permanently in their loving homes. Our blog has articles, and our YouTube channel has useful pet training as well as entertaining videos, all produced by our expert staff of professionals in animal training and behavior, as well as human psychology.
- Author(s)AdoptAPet.com,Dr. Pia Salk
- PublisherWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width191 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.