Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionReflecting the enhance role of materials/logistics management in today's competitive business environment, this new edition provides a fundamental understanding of the subject and its fuction in all sectors of the ecomy. It examines the vital area of customer service and shows how to implement a world class, integrated materials/logistics system that control activities starting with the supplier, through the company operation, and concluding with the satisfied customer. Thoroughly revised and updated, the Second Edition features new chapters on Just-In-Time and automation. Additional discussions include achieving world class competitiveness, ISO 9000 and organizational trends. Theoretical and practical examples of materials/logistics management are integrated with numerous real-life examples. This Second Edition of Total Materials Management presents accessible approaches for enhancing materials management/logistics, enabling personnel in purchasing, warehousing, physical distribution, materials handling, inventory control and production control to capitalize on vast opportunities for savings. This book is also an important resource for students in courses on materials/logistics management.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleCompetitve Manufacturing Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight856 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEugene L. Magad
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.