Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionTotal Operations Solutions builds on concepts that were introduced in Total Manufacturing Solutions , Basu and Wright (1997). It demonstrates how this holistic approach of operational excellence driven by a self-assessment methodology can be applied equally to manufacturing, service or public sectors. The text covers an implementation programme to demonstrate how to put the methodology into practice. a differentiating feature ofthe approach will be a critical uopdate, impact analysis and comparison with new developments such as e-Business, outsourcing, Six Sigma, EFQM and ISO 9000:2000. It is a step-by-step guide for the application of the appropriate tools to the improvement process. Total Operations Solutions could be used as an essential handbook for all employees in a Six Sigma programme and provide a better understanding of basic tools and techniques to help them to support a quality improvement initiative and sustain a srong competitive position.
- Author BiographyRon Basu is Director of Performance Excellence Limited and and Intec (UK) Ltd also an Associate Faculty at Henley Management College. Previously he held senior management roles in blue-chip companies like GSK, GlaxoWellcome and Unilever and worked as a Management Consultant with A.T. Kearney. Professor Nevan Wright is a Principal Lecturer in Management with the Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand. He is also an associate member of faculty at Henley Management College. His previous experience includes General Manager in multinational companies and commissioned service in Royal NZ Air Force.
- Author(s)J. Nevan Wright,Ron Basu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2005
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.