All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the winter of 1790, a mysterious and deadly disease strikes the unsuspecting town of Aberdeen. The victims are all women in the prime of life. Determined to save his patients, talented young physician Alec Gordon embarks on an astonishing medical quest. What he discovers will shake the small, close-knit community to the core and change his own life -- and that of his wife and young daughter -- forever. Based on a true story, Touching Distance is a stunning historical vel set in Scotland and the West Indies in the Age of Enlightenment. A vivid portrait of a pivotal moment in world history, it is also a universal tale of intimacy and estrangement, reason and passion, corruption and courage. In 2009, Touching Distance was shortlisted for the McKitterick Prize and won the 2009 Medical Journalists' Association Open Book Award.
- Author BiographyRebecca Abrams was born in Cambridge in 1963. Her first book, When Parents Die, was shortlisted for the MIND award and has since become a highly respected classic in its field. Her most recent book, Three Shoes, One Sock and No Hairbrush, was a UK best-seller. Awarded an Amnesty Prize for her reportage on children in war, Rebecca is a regular contributor to the Guardian and a former columnist for the Daily Telegraph. She lives in Oxford with her husband and two children. Touching Distance is her first novel.
- Author(s)Rebecca Abrams
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight263 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom To 99
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.