Tough Calls: Making the Right Decisions in Challenging Times by Allan Leighton (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all make decisions every day. Most of them are pretty straightforward, but every so often there are some really tough calls. In business the choices that executives are sometimes faced with can make the difference between acclaimed success and ongoing prosperity, and failure and financial disaster. In Tough Calls, leading businessman Allan Leighton focuses on specific decisions he has made in the course of his career - at ASDA, Royal Mail and elsewhere - and describes the thought processes behind them. He also talks to many others in the kw, from Sir Stuart Rose and Sir Terry Leahy to Adam Crozier at ITV and Stephen Hester at RBS. Taking into account facts that were kwn to them at the time, as well as other interrelated factors and potentially high-risk consequences, this line-up of top executives outline their approaches to breaking down often highly complex problems into achievable solutions. All Allan Leighton's royalties from this book will be donated to Breast Cancer Care (Registered charity: England and Wales 1017658, Scotland SC038104)
- Author BiographyAllan Leighton began his career at Mars confectionery, where he rose to become Group Marketing Director before leaving to join the loss-making ASDA supermarket chain. There he was credited with turning what he once described as a 'basket case' into a highly successful company that was sold to US retail giant Wal-Mart for GBP6.7 billion in 1999. When he left his position as President and Chief Executive of Wal-Mart Europe he famously coined the phrase 'going plural' as he took on non-executive positions at a string of companies, including lastminute.com, BHS, BSkyB and Selfridges. He was the longest serving chairman of Royal Mail Group until 2009, and is currently non-executive director of a number of companies. His first book, On Leadership, was a bestseller when it appeared in 2007.
- Author(s)Allan Leighton
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Business Books
- Weight203 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.