All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionLouis Ferrante was a young rogue who made his reputation on the streets of New York and later hooked up with the infamous John Gotti Jr and the Gambi crime family. He pulled off some of the most lucrative robberies in US history, many of which are still unsolved. For Lou, life was sweet, and most of the time he had fun wisecracking his way around town and staying one step ahead of the law. When the law finally caught up with Louis, he faced a long stretch in some of the most toriously dangerous penitentiaries and ended up living amongst the most violent, t to mention insane, criminals incarcerated in the US prison system. But life became more tolerable when, almost by accident, Louis read his first book and quite unexpectedly a new world opened up to him - a world which offered him a sanctuary from the brutal chaos of his everyday existence. During the course of his eight years in prison, he read everything from Danielle Steel to Caesar's Gallic Wars ; he learned the art of writing and studied the major religions, eventually choosing to become an Orthodox Jew. And with only limited access to law books, he somehow managed to successfully appeal his own conviction and win his freedom. Gritty, hard-hitting, and yet so often hilarious, Louis Ferrante's memoir is a poignant and incredibly moving slice of life from the insider's point of view, written in the bestselling tradition of Nicholas Pileggi's Goodfellas , Wiseguys and The Sopras .
- Author BiographyLouis Ferrante was born and raised in Queens, New York and was involved with two of the most notorious organized crime families in New York. He served nearly 9 years in maximum security prisons, where he read his first book. He is now an accomplished writer and lives in New York.
- Author(s)Louis Ferrante
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Weight261 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.