All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Mark, an American soldier serving in Germany in the early 1950s, meets Lauren, a young German girl, their lives change forever. But love is never easy, and for these two it may well be impossible. In a world still reeling from the horrors of war and gecide, the budding love between a Jewish soldier and a German Catholic girl is controversial and dangerous. It is a time in history that demands the same dedication and focus on duty as in the war years. Both of the lovers are pressured from all sides, and each feels the impossibility of their love-but neither can deny or forget it. Mark is faced with military duty, a possible court martial, and a threatening sociopath. Lauren is expected to play the role of the dutiful German daughter who follows the path dictated by her father. In addition to her obligations to her father, she is expected to focus only on school, work, her church, and her duty to country. Their very different backgrounds stand as obstacles they can't disregard. Neither is so naive as to igre the considerable cultural and societal pressure they face. But the heart does t always listen to logic, and soon they are irresistibly drawn together-come what may. Despite all the many forces they face, can they find the strength to stay together in a world that propels them apart?
- Author(s)Jan D Hendrix
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.