All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tour of the Jungfrau Region is described as a clockwise hut-to-hut circuit, beginning at Schynige Platte and ending at Wilderswil, broken into 10 stages (with a number of alternatives offered). The 111km trek takes you in a horseshoe loop through the Bernese Oberland's most spectacular mountain scenery, in the shadow of such iconic peaks as Wetterhorn, Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. In a journey of 9 to 10 days the Tour visits pastures, ridges, summits and passes, skirts exquisite mountain lakes and gazes on waterfalls, gorges and glaciers. Accommodation is both plentiful and atmospheric, and the route has lots of bad-weather alternatives.
- Author BiographyKev Reynolds devised the Tour of the Jungfrau Region. He is a freelance writer, photojournalist and lecturer and was the first honorary member of the British Association of International Mountain Leaders (BAIML). His first title for Cicerone appeared in 1978, and is still in print. The present book is his twentieth on the subject of the Alps.
- Author(s)Kev Reynolds
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2009
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note6 colour maps, route profiles and over 60 colour photographs
- Weight190 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.