All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionA guidebook to walking a scenic, seven-day circular route (93 miles) around England's Lake District. The tour gives a flavour of each of the main Lakeland valleys and their different character. The route starts at the railway terminus at Windermere village. Quickly leaving the crowds behind, it passes through Ambleside, Langdale valley, Coniston, Dunnerdale, Eskdale, Wasdale, Ennerdale, Buttermere, Newlands Valley, Keswick, Borrowdale, Grasmere then Ullswater, before returning back to Windermere via the Troutbeck valley. With a flavour of each of the main Lakeland valleys, and time to stop and wonder at their charms, the walk described in this book leads quickly away from the busy tourist centres to the quiet pleasures of the fell country. The shepherds and drovers chose their paths well, logical links from one valley to the next, and many of these ancient ways have been chosen for this walk. All footpaths and bridleways used are on established rights of way and illustrated with OS maps. High level alternatives are given, including options for ascents of Coniston Old Man, Scafell Pike and Helvellyn and also nine short walks from the overnight stops. Information on accommodation, facilities and transport are also provided for each day stage.
- Author BiographyJim Reid is 36 years old and lives on the northern fringe of the Lake District. Educated at Newcastle and Lancaster universities, he has made a living variously and precariously over the last fifteen years as an ecologist, school teacher, youth hostel warden, restauranteur and landscape gardener. When writing, subjects close to his heart are travel, food, nature and hillwalking.
- Author(s)Jim Reid
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note85 colour photos and 60 maps and profiles
- Weight310 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.