All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological, hereditary disorder with a range of symptoms that may come and go at any time. The most common physical manifestations are tics, uncontrollable movements and sounds. Other conditions may overlap with TS: obsessive-compulsive behavior, attention deficit disorder, learning disabilities, and sleep disorders. Few people have ever heard of TS yet one in every 2,000 children between the ages of two and eighteen will be diagsed with it. What is having Tourette syndrome like? What part do medications, exercise, special diets, and vitamins play? What can a person do to help someone with TS? Part of the TS puzzle is the broad range of symptoms, from barely ticeable to severe and life-altering. This book will help to build understanding, combat prejudice, and gain factual information about Tourette syndrome.
- Author(s)Marlene Targ Brill
- PublisherTwenty-First Century Books (CT)
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleUSA Today Health Reports: Diseases & Disorders
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwenty-First Century Books (CT)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.