All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an attempt to understand tourism employment in a holistic way. Using ideas from labour ecomics, work psychology and industrial sociology the authors look at tourism employment in both its workplace context and its wider ecomic and social environment and attempt to tell a coherent story. Both behavioural and ecomic perspectives are used to address questions that are salient to manpower planning, education planning and tourism management. By examining the diversity and commonality within occupations against the background of a dynamic labour market the text develops themes that contribute to our understanding of the behaviour of workers and managers in the industry.
- Author BiographyMichael Riley is Professor of Organisational Behaviour at the School of Management Studies for the Service Sector University of Surrey, Guildford UK. His work over two decades centres upon the labour aspects of tourism and he has written extensively on human resource management and labour market issues. Adele Ladkin is a Reader in Tourism at the International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research, School of Service Industries, Bournemouth University, UK. Her research interests are in the areas of tourism education, career analysis and labour mobility in the tourism and hospitality industry, and the meetings, incentives, conventions, and exhibitions industry. She is Assistant Editor in Chief for the International Journal of Tourism Research. Dr. Edith Szivas is a Lecturer in Tourism at the School of Management Studies for the Service Sector, University of Surrey, UK, where she is Course Leader for the Management and Tourism BSc (Hons) Degree. Her research interests and publications are in the field of labour economics, mobility, economic transition and tourism planning and development.
- Author(s)Adele Ladkin,Edith Szivas,Michael Riley
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight683 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.