All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the tourism-climate system and provides a sound basis for those interested in tourism management and climate change mitigation, adaptation and policy. In the first three chapters, the book provides a general overview of the relationships between tourism and climate change and illustrates the complexity in four case studies that are relevant to the wide audience of tourism stakeholders. In the following seven chapters detailed discussion of the tourism and climate systems, greenhouse gas accounting for tourism, mitigation, climate risk management and comprehensive tourism-climate policies are provided. This book compiles and critically analyses the latest kwledge in this field of research and seeks to make it accessible to tourism practitioners and other stakeholders involved in tourism or climate change.
- Author BiographyDr. Susanne Becken is a Principal Research Officer at Lincoln University in the field of Sustainable Tourism. Until recently she was a Research Leader with Landcare Research, New Zealand, where most of this book has been written. Susanne led a government-funded project on travel behaviour and greenhouse gas emissions from international tourists. She has also completed a range of consultancy work in the areas of energy efficiency, climate change, and relating policies. At present Susanne is the lead consultant in a UNWTO project on climate change and tourism in Fiji. She is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Sustainable Tourism and acts as a contributing author to the 4th Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change; she also represents Oceania/Southeast Asia on the WMO expert team on climate and tourism. Prof. John Hay has nearly forty years work experience in academia, the private sector and governmental organisations, with a focus on bringing an interdisciplinary approach to the environmental sciences, to technical and policy-relevant assessments and to professional training in environmental science, engineering, technology, law, policy and management. John has extensive international experience as a climate scientist, including acting as lead author in the latest three assessments conducted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Currently John works as a consultant and advisor to many national governments and regional and international organizations, including the United Nations Development Programme, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank and the United Nations Environment Programme. John is also the lead consultant in a UNWTO project on climate change and tourism in the Maldives.
- Author(s)John E. Hay,Susanne Becken
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleClimate Change, Economies and Society - Leadership and Innovation
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight531 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.