All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouvenirs are part of global and local travel and tourism in all corners of the world. This book portrays souvenirs as expressions of culture and as triggers of cultural change. The volume provides critique and theorisation of souvenirs of places, people and experiences in the context of lives lived at the margins of society, politics, tourism flows and urbanisation. Case studies in sustainable tourism illustrate dynamic ways that consumers and suppliers use souvenirs to respond to, resist and (re)interpret global and local influences upon cultures across informal, hybrid and formal ecomies.
- Author BiographyJenny Cave is a Senior Lecturer in Tourism and Hospitality Management at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Her background in anthropology, museology and cultural attraction management shapes a research agenda in linkages between tourism, migration and poverty reduction in rural and island peripheries as well as cultural/heritage enterprise and festivals/events in the Pacific, Caribbean and Canada and collective methodologies. Lee Jolliffe is a Professor of Hospitality and Tourism, University of New Brunswick, Canada. With a museum studies and tourism background, her research interests include studying how culinary heritage and tourism intersect. Recent publications include the edited volume Sugar Heritage and Tourism in Transition (Channel View Publications, 2013) and the co-authored volume (Hilary du Cros and Lee Jolliffe) The Arts and Events (Routledge, 2014). Tom Baum is Programme Director, Hong Kong University SPACE programmes in Tourism and Hospitality Management at the University of Strathclyde. His research agenda includes: people and work in low skills service work, with a particular focus on the international hospitality and tourism sector as well as human resource development and skills planning and formation, education and training, at a macro (national) and company level.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight405 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJenny Cave,Lee Jolliffe,Tom Baum
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.