All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book represents a state of the art review of key research on small firms in tourism in relation to European integration. It is, therefore, an essential resource for those engaged in research relating to tourism SMEs in transitional ecomies throughout the world. In addition, it is an essential purchase for the increasing number of students studying modules on small businesses as part of their final year undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. One of the key features of this book is its clear focus on breaking new ground by reporting recent research and theorising on small firms in tourism. In many cases, the analysis provided by contributors will carefully relate small business behaviour to issues of wider concern to tourism academics and policy-makers. It is also distinctive for its overt emphasis on contrasting European experiences. These characteristics contrast with the existing literature on small firms in tourism and hospitality, particularly in Europe. Previous literature achieved their aims by providing valuable syntheses of existing literature. Now that such 'taking of stock' has been undertaken, there is a demand for more overtly research-based texts that are nevertheless accessible to a wide audience. This book does exactly that.
- Author BiographyDr Rhodri Thomas has edited and co-authored five books and written extensively for various refereed journals. His work won Best Article awards in 1995 and 2001 in IJCHM and QAE respectively. In addition, he has contributed various chapters to other edited collections and made various national and international conference presentations. He is a member of the following Editorial Boards: International Journal of Entrepreneurship; Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, and Local Economy. He is Convenor of the ATLAS Tourism SMEs Research Network (ATLAS currently has members in more than seventy countries). Dr Marcjanna Augustyn's research interests include strategic management and quality management within tourism SMEs as well as European tourism policy. She has published 26 pieces of work and presented 24 conference papers. Her research work received a grade 4 in the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise within Unit of Assessment 43: Business and Management Studies: Tourism. Marcjanna also acts as the Book Reviews Editor for Tourism Analysis. An Interdisciplinary Journal and is a member of the Tourism Society (UK) and AIEST: International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism (Switzerland).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight589 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMarcjanna Augustyn,Rhodri Thomas
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.