All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTourism is arguably one of the largest self-initiated commercial interventions to create well-being and happiness on the entire planet. Yet there is a lack of specific attention to the ways in which we can better understand and evaluate the relationship between well-being and travel. The recent surge of scholarly work in positive psychology concerned with human well-being and flourishing represents a contemporary force with the potential to embellish and augment much current tourism study. This book maps out the field and then draws links between tourists, tourism and positive psychology. It discusses topics such as the issue of excess materialism and its fragile relationship with well-being, the value of positive psychology to lifestyle businesses, and the insights of the research field to spa and wellness tourism. This volume will interest those who study and practise tourism as well as scholars and graduate students in a range of disciplines such as psychology, sociology, business and leisure.
- Author BiographyPhilip Pearce is a Foundation Professor of Tourism at James Cook University in Townsville, Australia and was appointed the First Professor of Tourism in Australia. Sebastian Filep is a Research Fellow in Travel and Wellbeing at the Centre for Tourism and Services Research of Victoria University in Melbourne, Australia. Glenn Ross is an Adjunct Professor of Tourism at James Cook University.
- Author(s)Glenn Ross,Philip Pearce,Sebastian Filep
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Tourism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.