All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPluck has been driving all over town in his little red tow truck, looking for a home. When he finds out there's a room going free in the Pill Building he goes straight there and moves in. Right away he makes lots of friends, including Zaza the cockroach and Dolly the pigeon. Now his adventures can begin...Blending realistic characters with the fantastic, full of adventure and humour, Tow-Truck Pluck is an unforgettably offbeat children's classic in the vein of Roald Dahl's The BFG, and one of the Netherlands most popular children's books of all time.
- Author BiographyAnnie M.G. Schmidt (1911-95) was regarded as the Queen of Dutch Children's Literature. She won numerous awards, including the1989 Hans Christian Andersen Award, throughout her long career. Schmidt is now in the Canon of Dutch History taught to Dutch schoolchildren, alongside Spinoza, Anne Frank and Vincent van Gogh. Fiep Westendorp (1916-2004) was an award-winning Dutch illustrator best known for her collaborations with Annie M.G. Schmidt, whom she worked with from the publication of Schmidt's first book in 1952.
- Author(s)Annie Schmidt
- PublisherPushkin Children's Books
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPushkin Children's Books
- Weight826 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Fiep Westendorp
- Translated byDavid Colmer
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.