All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican policy in Afghanistan has evolved since the initial engagement of U.S. forces in Afghanistan. It has become increasingly clear that strategic focus must include a plan to concentrate upon and continue development of a stable and secure central government supported appropriately by the Afghan National Military.The evolution and progression of the central government as well as the Afghan National Army has become an essential task in the Afghanistan War. This mograph researches the history of some of Afghanistan's key governing regimes with focus primarily upon governance, military, ecomic and social factors of these previous governments and the national militaries which underpinned these regimes beginning in the mid-nineteenth century through the end of the twentieth century. The research also includes discussion and analyses of the culture and geography of Afghanistan as essential factors to be considered. The intention of this research is to identify potential operational level lessons learned that may assist coalition planners in developing the current Afghan National Army to in turn provide the requisite support to a stable central government for Afghanistan.
- Author(s)Christopher D Dessaso
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight127 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.