All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImmanuel Kant's views on politics, peace, and history have lost ne of their relevance since their publication more than two centuries ago. This volume contains a comprehensive collection of Kant's writings on international relations theory and political philosophy, superbly translated and accompanied by stimulating essays. Pauline Kleingeld provides a lucid introduction to the main themes of the volume, and three essays by distinguished contributors follow: Jeremy Waldron on Kant's theory of the state; Michael W. Doyle on the implications of Kant's political theory for his theory of international relations; and Allen W. Wood on Kant's philosophical approach to history and its current relevance.
- Author BiographyPauline Kleingeld is professor of philosophy, Leiden University, The Netherlands. David L. Colclasure is assistant professor and head of the German Studies Programme at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. Michael W. Doyle is Harold Brown Professor at Columbia University in the School of International and Public Affairs and Columbia Law School. Jeremy Waldron is University Professor and director of the Center for Law and Philosophy, Columbia University. Allen W. Wood is Ward W. and Priscilla B. Woods Professor at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Immanuel Kant
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2007
- Series TitleRethinking the Western Tradition
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight440 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byPauline Kleingeld
- Translated byDavid L. Colclasure
- Introduction byPauline Kleingeld
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.