All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionToward Wisdom addresses the nature of wisdom, humanity's need for it, and ways and means of developing it. The situation the world faces today is extremely complex. Long-cherished values have begun to conflict with each other: material comfort vs. an uncontaminated world; ecomic growth w vs. ecomic well-being for our grandchildren. Toward Wisdom takes the position that the only way to make the world a better place is to make it a wiser place. Wisdom is longer an option or a frill. We, and the world, need wisdom-based analyses of our problems followed by wisdom-based action. In the past, becoming wise was left to chance; a few people became wise before they died, but most did t. This lackadaisical approach will longer do. Wisdom can be developed intentionally, and Toward Wisdom shows us how. The book examines some of the key impediments to wisdom; what they are, how they work, how they came to be; and introduces us to techniques for getting beyond them.
- Author BiographyCopthorne Macdonald is a writer, scholar and communications engineer. He has followed the story of the Confederation Bridge from the time it was discussed in the mid-1980s to its completion. He has published 125 articles. His work has been featured on the CBC Radio series IDEAS. He has lived in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island since 1975.
- Author(s)Copthorne Macdonald
- PublisherThe Dundurn Group
- Date of Publication01/12/1993
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHounslow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.