All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the centuries, theological studies have grappled with the comprehension of Truth and Goodness. However, theology, unlike philosophy, has neglected serious scrutiny of the study of Beauty or Aesthetics. Jo Ann Davidson's Toward a Theology of Beauty investigates this omission. Why should aesthetic dimensions be igred in theology's quest for ultimate truth? Davidson convincingly states that these would contribute to the ongoing search for a more comprehensive perception of the divine. This book contends that theology is incomplete and impoverished without fundamental deliberations within aesthetic values. A survey of the literature up to the present currently reveals that theological studies, by and large, do t yet realize the extent to which it might be enriched by the biblical aesthetic. God's own nature, His Word in both Testaments including narratives, poetry, literary structures, and vocabulary are all embedded in aesthetic expressions. A systematic study of the biblical aesthetic is one that calls for attention and this book offers a solid and thought-provoking beginning.
- Author BiographyJo Ann Davidson is presently Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at Andrews University Theological Seminary in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She completed her Ph.D. in Systematic and Biblical Theology in 2000, at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois where her major professor was the late Paul Feinberg. Her earlier training and teaching was in music, after earning a M.A. in Music from Andrews University. Davidson has published articles in the Andrews University Seminary Studies and the Journal of the Adventist Theological Society. She previously authored Jonah: The Inside Story, (Review and Herald Publishing, 2002).
- Author(s)Jo Ann Davidson
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.