All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre atheists immoral? Does religion cause conflict? Is religion always opposed to science? Boldly paving the way for constructive dialogue between atheists and religious believers, Paul Hedges tackles issues such as the treatment of women, the idea of a pure and empirical realm of 'science', and the association of religion with violence and warfare, debunking the myths and exposing the futility of the battle between 'reason' and 'belief'. Threading deftly between atheism, the major world religions of Christianity, Islam and Buddhism, and smaller groups such as Paganism, Hedges demonstrates a vast scope for agreement and interaction between them which will call to every open minded reader.
- Author BiographyPaul Hedges is Associate Professor of Interreligious Studies at RSIS, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and has previously held positions at universities in Britain, Canada, and China. He is the author and editor of several books around his research interests in the meeting and debate between worldviews. Find out more about Dr Hedges at his website www.logosdao.wordpress.com.
- Author(s)Paul Hedges
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.