About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a significant inquiry into the ongoing christological endeavour. With the background of the contemporary christological discussions both on a global level and in India the author proposes a christology relevant to the present-day Indian context. He centres on three incisive contemporary theologians - Hick, Moltmann, and Sobri - and their christological approaches. After a detailed study of their christological positions he offers a constructive critique. Finally the author proposes the basic characteristics of a relevant christology in India. He underlines a contextual and praxis-oriented christology, which deals with socio-political and ecomic issues as well as Indian philosophical questions. Hence, he emphasises a living witness and careful attention to the responsive societal context as inseparable components of christological articulations.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Hubert Manohar Watson is a presbyter of the Karnataka Southern Diocese of the Church of South India and a lecturer at the Karnataka Theological College, Mangalore, India. He received his B.D. from the Karnataka Theological College, M.Th. from the United Theological College, both in India, and Dr. phil. in systematic theology from the University of Regensburg, Germany.
- Author(s)Hubert Manohar Watson
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 23: Theologie/Series 23: Theology/Serie 23: Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Number743
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight430 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.