All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book questions whether the recently promoted European 'social investment' strategy is able to regenerate the welfare state, promote social inclusion, create more and better jobs, and help address the challenges posed by the ecomic crisis, globalisation, ageing and climate change. To assess the diversity, achievements, shortcomings and potentials of social investment policies, it brings together some of the best social policy scholars and well-kwn policy experts, connecting academic and policy debates around the future of the welfare state. Supported by the Nordic Center of Excellence NordWel and the EU funded Network of Excellence RECWOWE (Reconciling Work and Welfare).
- Author BiographyNathalie Morel is research associate at the Centre d'etudes europeennes at Sciences Po, France. Her main research interest is comparative social policy, especially care policies. Bruno Palier is CNRS research professor at Sciences Po, Centre d'etudes europeennes. He has published extensively on welfare reforms in France and in Europe. Joakim Palme is a social policy expert, professor at the Department of Government, Uppsala University, Sweden, and director of the Institute for Futures Studies in Stockholm.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.