All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents a major new study of the potential for a 'sustainable ecomy' in Norway. With support from the Research Council of Norway and the Ministries of Finance and the Environment, the research team structured a dialogue between leading ecomists, environmental NGO's and politicians. The goal of the project was to integrate ecological indicators proposed by a so-called 'Green Parliament' into the macro-ecomic models and projections used by the official governmental planning apparatus. The book recounts in detail the structure of the project and the results of the analysis, laying particular weight on the fact that a more sustainable ecomy is clearly possible without serious disruptions of consumption or welfare. The implications of factoring in more stringent ecological demands for a number of sectors are explored, providing thereby specific parameters and scenarios for a more sustainable ecomy.
- Author BiographySTEIN HANSEN is Partner in the Nordic Consulting Group, and has been appointed to several boards and scientific committees. He has been Associate Professor of Economics at M're Regional College 1971-4, Research Fellow, Harvard Institute of International Development 1975-7, and Vice-President, Norconsult Ltd 1977-84. PAL FOYN JESPERSON is Research Associate with the consulting firm Asplan Viak AS, Sandvika, Norway. He specialises in problems relating to resource use and sustainable production and consumption. INGEBORG RASMUSSEN is Research Associate with the consulting firm Asplan AS, Sandvika, Norway. She has worked as a member of the governmental 'Green Tax Commission' in Norway.
- Author(s)Ingeborg Rasmussen,Pal Foyn Jesperson,Stein Hansen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/09/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight560 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.