All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf the European Union and its Member States are to compete successfully in an increasingly aggressive global market, whilst many other ecomies continue to get stronger, all parts of the European Union, Member States and the EU institutions, have to regulate smarter. The answer therefore is t to give up on rules, but rather to develop and implement good quality rules. Presenting both timely and relevant forms of European policy instruments in the field of financial services, public administration, transport, working conditions and social protection, this volume shows which kind of policy instruments work and under what circumstances. This will help all to overcome many of the impediments to using alternative policy instruments at the European level as appropriate responses to pressing European and global governance challenges, such as efficiency, accountability, transparency and legitimacy.
- Author BiographyMichael Kaeding is Professor in European Union Politics and Integration at the University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany). Between 2007 and 2012 he was Senior Lecturer in the 'European Decision-Making' Unit at the European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) and Honorary Fellow of the University of Maastricht (The Netherlands).
- Author(s)Michael Kaeding
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVS Verlag fur Sozialwissenschaften
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight220 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.