All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines urbanization in Iran and Egypt related to each nation's unique colonial history based on extraction and production of oil in Iran and cultivation of cotton in Egypt for world markets. Using Tehran and Cairo as the two hyper-urbanized cities, Chaichian documents development of divergent patterns of rural-urban migration, urban hierarchies, and employment structures from the early nineteenth century up to the 1970s when a global ecomy based on flexible production of consumer goods started to take shape.
- Author BiographyMohammad A. Chaichian is a professor in the department of sociology at Mount Mercy College.
- Author(s)Mohammad A. Chaichian
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Notemaps
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.